Thursday, June 23, 2011

HD: Channel of Discovery 46/29

The Channel of Discovery – 46-29, links the Sacral Center through the 46, the Gate of Pushing Upward, to the 29, the Gate of The Abysmal in the G Center. In the traditional I Ching the 29th gate is known as the abysmal. It is the deep within the deep. The 46th gate is pushing upwards into the kingdom of heaven, in the ancient language. The 46th gate has the knack of being physically in the right place at the right time. The 29 is the Gate of perseverance that is enhanced by responding "yes" to what is correct.

In the traditional I Ching the 29th gate is known as the abysmal. It is the deep within the deep. This is not abysmal as in being terrible or negative. It is about the sacral center being a never ending well of energy. On the other end of the channel you have the 46th gate which is endlessly high. In the I Ching the 46th gate is pushing upwards into the kingdom of heaven.

Imagine a line going from the center of the earth to the ends of heaven. Since the 46 is in the G center it is about the Self being in the right place. Since the 29 is in the sacral center it is about having an unlimited amount of energy to get to that right place. This channel then, is about understanding that if you are totally absorbed in a process, you are exactly in the right place at exactly the right time. This channel can then bring transformation through a total commitment. It is called the Channel of Discovery because this place and time is an ongoing process of Discovery.

Anyone with the 29 has a built-in availability and tendency to say "yes" to almost any situation, which can result in them up giving away their energy, wholesale. Thus, it is critical that they commit from their own authority, and in so doing find themselves committed to "succeeding where others fail." Perhaps the greatest lesson for someone with the 29 -- 46 channel is that when they have committed to an experience from a clear sacral response, is that they will proceed totally with the experience, regardless of other, particularly mental, considerations. Herein lies their success. 

In other words, anyone with this channel must be careful to commit based upon their sacral response and their Authority. Once committed they will have to finish the experience no matter how long it may take – even years. Remember that in the Abstract circuitry one learns from experience – after the experience is over.  They have got to wait until the experience is over to be able to see if anything was discovered. While it is happening you can only follow your strategy. In the big picture, no matter what happens, through failure and success if you are following your strategy you will always be in the right place at the right time because you will come out of it with the right kind of experience that you can share.---from a Lecture by Ra
______________________________________________________

On a forum somewhere I saw someone asking about the channel of the ''seeker,'' the 11/56 from the Ajna to the Throat.  This person was asking if there was a channel of ''finding'' if one could ''seek.'' With Human Design there is so much symmetry, of course there is a channel of ''finding,'' it's called the Channel of Discovery. 

I was asked by Angela to describe having this channel in my own experience.  I can say that after I found out I had this channel, that I transmit this kind of frequency, I was delighted and not at all surprised.  It's a subtle thing, but I do notice I have a real kind of ''success'' in my relationships.  For example, with previous boyfriends of mine, I would notice that their entire attitude about themselves would change in the course of us dating.  Things they didn't really know they were good at would really come out; I can be a kind of cheerleader in a way. 

Then, for whatever reason, we would break up and they'd date someone else....and they would be surprised that that magic was gone.  They were no longer able to achieve the same results with other people.  And, we'd get back together for a short time...and I'd laugh when I'd hear what kind of mini adventure they tried to go on without me.  (I used to have open relationships, so it was common for me to stay friends with lovers after our relationship).  Again, this is a subtle energy...one I could sense but never pinpoint.  I just figured I was giving guys big heads or something, complimenting them too much and I should tone it down. 

I definitely have always sensed that I'm often in the right place at the right time doing or saying the right phrase.  This is something I notice after the fact, not during.  Always later, when it comes to mind what I've just been through.

There is a real love of the body with this channel, coming from the G center...I've always been a very physical person.  I love stretching and have been doing yoga since I was 11...and this love of the physical goes to the other end of the spectrum, the extremes of the sensual.

This channel, along with the 59/6 (sacral to sp) and the 15/5 (sacral to G) and the 11/56 (ajna to throat) blend together, for me, for what I can see now, to create an intense curiosity about sex and people and a real success with having some intense non-homogenized  style relationships.

The thing I love about knowing I really for real have this channel, is it's serendipitous nature.  I've always felt like I've really been in sync with being in the right place, or ''lucky,'' but I couldn't tell if it was just my perspective....not that that's a bad thing either.  Having a positive perspective, the ability to look back and see how awesome something ended up being isn't a bad thing.

I'm not sure, but I feel this channel also prevents some of my Open Splenic fears from getting the best of me.  I mean, this could also give a kind of fool-hardiness as well....but having a strong UH-UH/YES factor in my chart is awesome....can't explain it, I just feel it!  Now that I'm more informed about my Strategy and Authority, I'm even more excited the kind of places I'll end up seeing and finding because of this channel.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Wow, Shannon, you're quick and thorough - thank you for this article! The first part is well known to me from the ABC Course. The second part expressing your own experience with this channel should be especially interesting. I will translate it into German first in order to understand it thoroughly.

Best wishes from Angela

Shannon Rae said...

This is an unconscious channel for me, but this is one I really do sense. I wonder what it feels like when it's conscious.

The 15-5 channel is the one that seems really vague to me, and I have that partial conscious. I had to really consider what was being said with that channel....I mean how can you go against the flow? "Go with the flow" is a phrase for a reason right? It's just impossible for me to understand what it's like without this channel. 2 of my major relationships were with men who also had this entire channel...so I'm not familiar what it's like without it.

magaluisa said...

Hi, Shannon, it's me again.
I wish to recommend you Chetan Parkyn's book "Human Design - Discover the Person You Were Born To Be". I've bought it a few days ago, and I can honestly say, that it is the best I ever read on centers, types, authorities, profiles and - above all - channels and gates!
On amazon.com you'll find a "Look inside" to the book, and the price is amazingly low as for HD-stuff.
If you are interested in Chetan's description of our beloved channel 46/29, you can email me at angelano@onlinehome.de, so I'll get it off to you.

magaluisa said...

Oops, sorry - "it's me" means: Angela. :)