Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Venus Transits

Venus Square Mercury exact at 11:03
Venus 12˚ Sagittarius 4H square Mercury 12˚ Virgo 1H

Activity period from 18 January 2011 to 20 January 2011

This influence is normally quite easy, indicating a day of light and pleasant thoughts and social interaction. I will avoid serious topics of conversation or any that might produce conflicts. This is not a good day to negotiate any difficult or contentious matters, because I am more concerned with keeping peace than with making a favorable arrangement. Real problems that I might sweep under the carpet now can emerge and cause trouble later.

In relationships I will look for interesting activities that are mentally and intellectually stimulating rather than physically or emotionally exciting. I want to be amused and entertained today, either by or with my partner. This is a good transit for going to an art exhibit, a show or a concert to engage your mind with something beautiful, pleasant and mentally stimulating.

Since other difficult influences coincide with this one, it can indicate disputes and arguments with loved ones. This is not a normal effect of this transit by itself. Be aware that I lack mental discipline during this transit, if I am engaged in any activity that requires it.

Venus in the 4th House

This is usually a peaceful time, when I will enjoy quiet hours at home, either alone or entertaining guests and feeling at ease. Barring a contrary indication from another transit, this is usually a time when I can feel neither self-assertive and outgoing, nor shy and withdrawn. I feel amiable in a quiet way and are fond of having congenial people around me.

Relations with my parents are good under this transit. In general, this is a good time to experience the closeness and warmth of family living.

Redecorating is often undertaken under this influence. I want my home to be elegant and light while Venus is transiting the 4th house. Fortunately, I am usually quite sensitive and in tune with my inner feelings, so that my home decorating efforts should be satisfactory. Try to avoid the usual Venusian tendency to do things lavishly or expensively, and keep practical considerations in mind. (I think this refers to the fact that this transit began during Christmas and it was the first Christmas in my entire adult life I've EVER decorated)

About the only real problem that you might encounter with this transit is that the 4th house influences the digestive tract. Unless I am careful I may overindulge in food and drink with no regard for my digestion or my weight.

Venus is about to move into my 5th House, just about any day now, so I'll just go ahead and put the influence of that transit here.

Venus in the 5th House

More than any other position of Venus, this transit signifies an appropriate time for fun, entertainment, having a good time. The 5th house is the house of amusement and creative self-expression, as well as love affairs and children. Activities pertaining to any of these are favored strongly during this transit. My self-discipline may be at an all-time low during this period, but everyone needs a break from time to time, so enjoy yourself. Just make sure not to overdo it.

I can relate well with children now, and this is a good time for games and fun. It is not conducive to serious work or discussion with them, however, because you may not want to be serious, yourself.

Creative activities are also favored; in fact, I need to express myself through some creative activity. Try to find the medium most appropriate. If I am not especially creative, enjoy the creative works of others at concerts, museums or wherever good art is to be found.

Love relationships in general are favored during this transit. I will get along smoothly with loved ones without feeling that I'm surrendering my identity. Venus in the 5th house has the happy faculty of making it possible for others to enjoy me being exactly myself. There is no need to pretend to be what I am not.

No comments: